1. Answer any five questions :- 1x5=5
(i) The hormone secret from Pancreas is-
(a) Adrenalin (b) Insulin (c) Thyroxin (d) Kinin
(ii) Due to presence of this the vision of pigeon is very fast–
(a) Rodopsin (b) Iodopsin (c) Pecten (d) Pepsin
(iii) The part of human eye that act as refractive medium is-
(a) Cornea (b) Retina (c) Vtreous Humour (d) Choroid
(iv) The oldest ancestor of Horse is- -
(a) Equus (b) Mesohippus (c) Eohippus (d) Merichippus
(v) Phylloclade is found in -
(a) Cactus (b) Lotus (c) Sundri (d) Pea plant
(vi) Which part of the brain performs thermoregulation?
(a) Cerebrum (b) Cerebellum (c) Hypothalamus (d) Pons
(vii) Sclera is located in-
(a) Eye (b) Ear (c) Nose (d) Skin
2. Answer any ten questions :- 1X10=10
i) Which sense organ balances human body?
ii) What helps in co-ordination is plant body?
iii) Write the full name of TSH.
(iv) Give an example of living fossils.
(v) Name a part of Sundri plant which has undergone adaptive changes.
(vi) Give an example of Homologous organ.
(vii) According to Lamarck, the long neck of Giraffe is an example
of ……………(Fille in the blank)
(viii) Which hormone controls the secondary sexual character in
(ix) Which hormone is secreted from testes?
(x) Write the full name of IAA .
(xi) What is Glomerulus?
(xii) Which Alkaloid is used in the treatment of eye?
(xiii) Give an example of natural reflex action?
3. Answers any five questions :- 2X5 =10
(i) Mention two methods of excretion in plants.
(ii) Mention two differences between Cerebrum and cerebellum.
(iii) Mention two differences between Plant and Animal hormone.
(iv) Mention two significance of adaptation in plant and animals.
(v) Where is Vestibular organ is found? What is its function?
(vi) What is Parthenocorpy?
(vii) The secretion from testes and ovary depends on which hormones?
4. Answers any five questions :- 3X4 =12
(i) What is Cytokinin? What is its importance in Agriculture? 1+2
(ii) Who proposed the theory of ‘Natural Selection’? Discuss two types
of ‘Struggle for existence’. 1+2
(iii) Mention the role of (i) wing, (ii) flight muscles and (iii) air-sacs in
Volant adaptation in Pigeon. 1+1+1
(iv) What is fossils? What is name of the book written by Darwin? 2+1
(v) What is Ganglion? Name three bones of middle ear. 1+2
(vi) What is yellow spot and blind spot? Which portion of tongue has
taste buds for bitter taste? 2+1
(Answers any one question :- 5X1=5)
5. Discuss the comparative study of heart of different vertebrates in support
7. Write the adaptive importance of the followings:- 1x5=5
(a) Leaves of cactus
(c) Bones of pigeon
(d) Breathing roots in sundri
(e) Myotome muscles in fish
(Answe any One)
8. Draw a neat and clean scientific diagram of Nephron and label the followings : Bowman’s capsule, Glomerulus, Proximal convoluted tubule, Distal convoluted tubule, Henle’s loop and Collecting duct. 5+3=8
9. Draw a neat and clean scientific diagram of Nephron and label the followings: Pectoral fin, Pelvic fin, Dorsal fin, Caudal fin, Scales and lateral lines sense organ. 5+3=8